Last Updated on May 31, 2021 by Amit
Windows98 was released by Microsoft on June 25, 1998 this was the year when I celebrated my 8th birthday 😃. I have always been a big fan of this version of windows because it reminds me of my childhood memories.
The windows operating system version before Windows95 was Windows95 which was released by Microsoft on August 15, 1995 and the next version was Windows Me released in 2000.
The second and the final edition of Win98 was released 22 years ago on May 5, 1999 .
Windows 98 was the first Windows operating system to adopt the Windows Driver Model.
This version of windows also introduced features that would become standard in future generations of Windows, such as Disk Cleanup, Windows Update, multi-monitor support, and
Internet Connection Sharing.
Windows 98 Home screen
Windows 98 HP Brio CPU
Windows98 minimum system requirements
- 486DX 66 MHz or better processor (Pentium recommended).
- 16 megabytes (MB) of memory (24 MB recommended).
- 120 MB minimum of free hard-disk space (Note that typical installation requires approximately 195 MB of free hard-disk space, but may range between 120 MB to 295 MB, depending.
- CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- 3.5-inch high-density floppy disk drive
- Display adapter and monitor that support VGA or higher resolution
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Windows98 support status
The Mainstream support ended on June 30, 2002.
The extended support ended on July 11, 2006 .
Windows98 website as of 1999 on archive.org .
Microsoft windows98 startup sound :
Microsoft windows98 shutdown sound :
- Windows 98 is Off to a Great Start
- Windows98 Wikipedia
- https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_98 Windows98 simple Wikipedia
- Windows98 on archive.org.